April 1st, 2016
Today, we celebrate ACEI’s 22nd anniversary. And, this is not an April Fool’s joke! We are incredibly grateful for the trust and confidence placed on us by all our institutional and organizational clients as well as our international candidates who show their support through their referrals.
For those who may not be familiar with ACEI, I’d like to provide highlights of what we do and who we serve.
- ACEI was founded and incorporated in the State of California in 1994.
- ACEI is a Charter and proud Endorsed Member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators, a leading professional membership association which approves and endorses private organizations providing international credential evaluation services after a rigorous screening and vetting process.
- ACEI offers evaluations of international academic and professional credentials of individuals who have studied outside the U.S. and need statements of academic equivalence.
- ACEI evaluation reports are recognized by U.S. schools, colleges, universities, state regulatory boards, professional associations, employers, state and federal agencies.
- ACEI has served tens of thousands of international candidates seeking evaluations of their academic credentials.
- ACEI offers comprehensive course-by-course evaluations which include listings of subjects/courses, credits/units of credit (for post-secondary education), grades and grade point average, and course levels.
- ACEI evaluations are based on official/original academic documents issued by the source institutions.
- ACEI evaluations are prepared within 7 business days from the date the application and required documents are received.
- ACEI provides RUSH processing for those applications that are to be expedited.
- ACEI evaluation reports are released either electronically to the U.S. institution/agency for which it is intended or issued on transcript security paper and released by post.
- ACEI provides a Translation Service.
- ACEI business hours are from Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PST. During our regular business hours, applicants and institutional clients can communicate with our Client Relations Officers by phone or email. Even during our non-business hours, applicants and clients have the benefit of speaking with live and helpful client service representatives. No automated answering machines!
- ACEI senior evaluators have and continue to contribute as presenters at regional, national and international conferences on international education and to publications on country specific education topics.
- ACEI provides webinar and e-learning programs on international credentials evaluation, updates on education systems from around the world, and reports on trends in higher education from student mobility, recruitment, to innovative approaches in teaching methodology.
- ACEI issues a free monthly newsletter “The Report.”
- ACEI remains engaged through social media sites as Facebook, Twitter and through its weekly blog “Academic Exchange.”
The above are a few highlights of ACEI’s achievements. 22 years of service is definitely not a joke. It has taken commitment, passion for our profession, dedication to quality and integrity in our evaluation, due diligence, and plain old hard work that has kept the ACEI engine purring and humming through the years. And, we couldn’t have done it without the help of loyal and dedicated individuals who make ACEI a socially conscious company where the bottom line isn’t just about profits, but how we treat our employees, our clients, but the community as a whole.
I’d like to recognize the services of the following individuals who help make ACEI a model for excellence and integrity:
Client Relations Officer
Senior Credential Evaluator and our Latin American Specialist
Client Relations Officer
Senior Credential Evaluator and our Eastern European Specialist
Senior Credential Evaluator and our Middle East Specialist
Behnam Heshejin and Grace Morillo
Senior Credential Evaluator and our African and Western European Specialist
Senior Credential Evaluator, and our South East Asia Specialist research and investigative analyst extraordinaire
Director of Evaluation & Translation Services and our Editor-in-Chief
Client Relations Officer
Communication and Marketing
Social Media Manager
Senior VP & COO and uber senior credential evaluator
ACEI’s Resident Feline and Stress Relief Manager
Photo Credit: Brian Aguilar; Graphics: Yoli Moreno (!)
William (Scottie) Thompson
Administrative Assistant with a big heart
Jasmin Saidi-Kuehnert is the President and CEO of the Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute (ACEI).
The Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI), was founded in 1994 and is based in Los Angeles, CA, USA. ACEI provides a number of services that include evaluations of international academic credentials for U.S. educational equivalence, translation, verification, and professional training programs. ACEI is a Charter and Endorsed Member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators. For more information, visit www.acei-global.org.