March 8th, 2019
- Introducing the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA)
- SQA Qualifications
- Quality Assurance
- SQA International markets and SQA Diploma to Degree offerings
- Partnership working with ACEI
- Working with us
SQA wants to establish progression pathways for its international students who, on completion of an SQA Advanced Qualification in their own country wish to articulate to a related Degree program at an institution in the U.S.
U.S. colleges may wish to work in partnership with SQA and deliver SQA Advanced Qualifications either jointly with their own provision or as an alternative provision. In doing so, U.S. institutions can internationalize their campus by working with SQA, SQA’s existing progression partners and centers around the world. Once a pathway is established, SQA will work in partnership with the receiving institution and promote the progression pathway to its students and centers around the world.
Who Will Benefit
- Admissions Officers interested in recruiting international students
- Staff with an interest in progression pathways from college based learning into higher education
- Higher education policy makers with an interest in progression routes for lifelong learning and bridging the academic/vocational divide
- Credential Evaluation Bodies
- Community College Staff
- University Staff
Thursday, March 21, 2019
10 AM – 11 AM PST
International Articulation Manager
Scottish Qualifications Authority
Mags has been employed by the Scottish Qualifications Authority for 18 years. Initially she worked in Qualifications Development, developing and maintaining qualifications to service the Engineering sector. In her current role as International Articulation Manager she seeks to build relationships with Community Colleges and Higher Education Institutions in the US.
President & CEO
Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute
Jasmin is a leading expert on international education and credential evaluation methodologies. She has authored several publications on world education systems, and is a regular presenter at regional, national and international conferences. She is currently the Acting President of the Association of International Credential Evaluators, and serves on the International Education Standards Council of AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers).