August 8th, 2019
The UK continues to be a popular destination for international students pursuing their higher education.
Here are a few facts on the UK and its role in international education:
- Number of international students studying in the UK higher education in 2017-2018: 458,490
- Percentage of international students that account for the UKs total student population: 19.6%
- Percentage of international undergraduate students: 14%
- Percentage international graduate students: 35.8%
- The top 5 sending countries for international students to the UK in 2017-2018: China, India, USA, Hong Kong and Malaysia.
- Percentage of Chinese students at UK higher education institution that make up all international students: 23.2%
- Top sending countries within the EU to the UK for higher education: Italy, France and German.
- UK’s growth rate dropped from 0.5% in 2015 to 0.3% in 2016.
- Destination countries posing as competitors to UK for international students: Australia, Canada, USA, and Germany.
- Percentage of international students satisfied with their experience studying at UK universities: 90% (per UUKi research)
- Percentage of international students satisfied or very satisfied with the support they received while studying in the UK: 80%
- Percentage of international student who considered their UK degree a valuable investment: 82%
- Popular fields of study at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in 2017-2018: Biological Sciences, Business and Administrative Studies, Creative Arts and Design, Engineering and Technology, Social Studies.
- Percentage of international staff from the EU at UK institutions of higher education: 60%
For additional information, click here
The Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, Inc. (ACEI), was founded in 1994 and is based in Los Angeles, CA, USA. ACEI provides a number of services that include evaluations of international academic credentials for U.S. educational equivalence, translation, verification, and professional training programs. ACEI is a Charter and Endorsed Member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators. For more information, visit www.acei-global.org.